Recently, Retro Tapes slot has become very popular among online casino fans. Our experts could not leave this fact unnoticed and decided to create a comprehensive article with unique information about this game. We’ll guide you through the rules and gameplay, give you tips on how to win, and suggest the best places to play Retro Tapes.
Retro Tapes Slot Review
Push Gaming is the creator of Retro Tapes, a slot game that takes you back to the 80s. The game is made in a retro style, including music and symbols, which makes it a unique and interesting idea. In our opinion, Retro Tapes stands out from the standard fruit and animal-themed slots, perhaps that’s why it’s so popular with players.
All done qualitatively – the graphics are at a high level, and everything runs smoothly and without glitches. Well, it is not surprising, because Push Gaming is one of the leading developers of slot machines for casinos, he has all the games qualitative.
This slot has an impressive RTP of 96.47%. This suggests that you can often win at this game. But how much can you win? Quite a lot! The maximum win is x10,000 times your bet, which gives you the opportunity to win impressive amounts. For example, if you bet $10, you could potentially win up to $100,000!
Retro Tapes Game Rules
The rules of Retro Tapes are quite simple. We will try to explain them to you in simple words. So here are the rules of Retro Tapes:
- The field of play is made up of 6 columns and 9 rows.
- At the beginning of the game, there will be different cassettes of six colors.
- To win, you need five symbols to fall together. They do not have to be in a row – a winning combination is considered if they are located next to each other horizontally or vertically.
- If a winning combination is played, new symbols will fall into its place. This will continue until the winning combinations are over.
- The game has a bonus – collect 3 Wild symbols to activate it. You can also buy this bonus (see below for how to do this).
These are the rules of Retro Tapes in simple terms. But to understand the whole game you need to know each symbol. Let’s look at them further.
Knowing the symbols in the game is a must in our opinion. So let’s take a look at each one.
- Cassette Symbols
There are standard cassette symbols in the game. There are 6 of them – red, orange, pink, green, blue, and grey. We have prepared an image for you with a paytable of each of these symbols:
As we can see, the red cassette is the highest-paying, and the gray cassette is the lowest-paying. From this we conclude that it is necessary to catch the red cassette to win big.
- Wild Tape Symbol
The Wild Tape symbol substitutes for all symbols except the Magnet and Wild Multiplier symbols. The Wild Tape symbol initially has no multiplier, but once it forms part of a winning combination, the multiplier increases by 1 for each win. The symbol only disappears when the winning combinations are completed.
- Wild Multiplier Symbol
The Wild Multiplier Symbol has an immediate multiplier of 1x to x5. Wild Multiplier Symbol can be found during both regular and bonus games. Its multiplier will be applied to all Wild Tape symbols. For instance, if you have a Wild Tape Symbol with x1 and the Wild symbol appears with x2, the Wild Tape Symbol will become x3.
- Instant Prize Symbol
The Instant Prize Symbol is the betting multiplier. Instant Prize symbols can be rolled with the following values – 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 250x, 500x, and 1000x. For this symbol to trigger, it must fall in a cluster of at least 5 such symbols.
- Magnet Symbol
The Magnet Symbol selects random paytable symbols from the entire grid and attracts them to form a cluster of winnings. If there are at least four instant prize symbols in sight, the Magnet Symbol may also attract them to form a cluster.
- Extra Spin Symbol
This symbol only appears in the bonus game. If you catch this symbol, you will get +1 Free Spin. These symbols can appear multiple times.
Retro Tapes Bonus
The Retro Tapes game has a bonus feature that can be activated by getting 3 or more Wild Tape symbols. The number of free spins awarded depends on the number of symbols caught. Getting 3 symbols triggers 6 free spins, while getting 4 symbols triggers 8 free spins. Matching 5 symbols triggers 10 free spins and matching 6 symbols triggers 12 free spins. Also, don’t forget you can catch the Extra Spin Symbol for even more free spins!
During the bonus feature, any blank symbol will spin until an instant prize symbol appears. Once a symbol is triggered it will remain in place until the end of the bonus feature. The value of the symbols is multiplied by the multiplier near which they are collected.
In addition, the Retro Tapes slot has a Cluster Link feature. This feature is activated when instant win symbols appear on the reels. Believe, when you catch this cluster link, you can win big. Let us remind you that the maximum you can win in this slot is x10 thousand of your bet!
Our team of experts is well versed in all types of slot machines. Our favorites are those that offer a bonus buy feature, which Retro Tapes happens to have. You can even buy multiple bonuses. Here are the steps you need to follow to buy a bonus:
- Enter the game and click on the star icon.
- Select a denomination – from 10 cents to $20.
- Select the type of bonus option – Single Feature or Hits Feature.
- Start the game and watch your winnings grow.
Separately, we would like to tell you about the difference between bonuses. There are two types:
- The Singles Feature gives you the chance to get up to 6 Wild Tape symbols that convert to 100 times your base bet.
- The Hits feature can also get up to 6 wild tape symbols. However, a randomly selected wild multiplier is awarded and is guaranteed to pay up to 400 times your base bet.
The bonuses cost differently, for example with a maximum base bet of $20 you will pay $2,000 for a Singles Feature while for a Hits Feature you will pay as much as $8,000. However, the RTP of both types of bonuses is 96.71%.
How to play Retro Tapes?
To play Retro Tapes, you must register at a reputable casino (see below for a list of trusted sites). If you already have an account, log in; if not, register. Then enter the name of the game Retro Tapes in the search box on the casino’s website and click on the slot machine icon.
Way to go! You’re halfway there. The next step is even easier. To start playing, just follow these basic instructions:
- Select your bet amount. To do this, click on the arrow icon at the bottom of the screen next to the Total Bet. You will see a menu of available bets – 10, 20, 50 cents, 1, 1.50, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20 dollars. Adjust the size of the bet yourself, for example, $2.25 will not work, so choose from the available bets.
- Once the bet has been selected, run the game. You can choose to run the spins yourself or use the autoplay feature. By the way, in autoplay, you can set not only the number of spins but also the loss limit and the single win limit. We think this is very convenient.
- Wait for the bonus feature, it’s the most interesting and profitable part of any slot machine. Or you can not wait and buy it now. By the way, we always do And why – we will tell you next.
That’s it, as you can see, playing Retro Tapes is easy!
Retro Tapes Slot Demo
One of the things we look for in a good slot machine is the availability of a demo mode. We are pleased to see that developer Retro Tapes has included a free-play option, which we feel is a positive aspect of the game. We strongly recommend that our readers try the demo mode before playing with real money for several reasons:
- Beginners can learn the rules and get a feel for the game by playing in demo mode.
- Playing for free allows you to develop a winning strategy.
- And for those who do not want to risk real money, you can play with virtual chips and not worry about your wallet.
The Retro Tapes demo is available in all casinos. So go ahead and try it out before you play for real money.
Where to play?
As promised, here is a list of trusted casinos where you can play Retro Tapes without worrying about the security of the game:
The Retro Tapes slot machine is available at all of these online casinos. In addition, our team personally tested the game at these sites before recommending them. So choose a casino from the list and start playing.
How to win at Retro Tapes?
It is possible for anyone to win at Retro Tapes, as the Return to Player (RTP) percentage of the slot is high. However, it should be noted that unlike Plinko or Mines, there are no guaranteed winning strategies. While there is a Martingale strategy, we believe it is too risky. Instead, we would like to give you some advice based on our own experience:
- Buy a bonus right away. It doesn’t matter how expensive or cheap it is. Our experienced team of players has found through trial and error that this is the best way to win. And why is that? It is simple. First, the RTP bonus is higher than in a regular game. Second, we have found that the bonus is almost always wagered. This means that if you buy a bonus for $100, you will almost always get it back or even win super winnings. And finally, you will not have to wait for three wild symbols to fall. Believe us, it often happens that spin the slot and do not wait for the bonus to fall.
- Decide how much you can afford to spend on the game. For example, let it be $50. If you suddenly lose this $50, leave the game and do not deposit any more on that day. It is better to wait for a new day and play with a clear mind.
- And finally, please study all the rules of the slot machine, without understanding the basics of the game is difficult to win. Fortunately, you have such an opportunity, because we have given you all the information about Retro Tapes and even more
We hope you win big. Don’t forget to share your impressions of Retro Tapes Slots with us and other players in the comments section below. You can also ask questions there and we will be happy to answer them. We wish you all the best of luck!
Questions and answers
Yes, you can play the game for free in demo mode. There is no need to register. Just go to the casino and select the Slots Demo Mode.
The minimum bet is 10 cents.
The maximum bet is $20.
Yes, you can purchase two types of bonus features.
It depends on your wager and the bonus feature you choose. The minimum is $10 and the maximum is $8000.
Yes, the game was developed by Push Gaming, which has an excellent reputation. However, we recommend that you only play at the locations that we have recommended.